April was born in Dayton, OH on March 30, 1975 and grew up in the Dallas, TX area. She was admitted to practice under the Texas Bar in 2001 and was admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts of the Northern District of Texas in 2011. She focuses in family law matters.
• Secretary, Panhandle Family Law Association, 2013/2014
• Treasurer, Panhandle Family Law Association, 2012/2013
• Treasurer Elect, Panhandle Family Law Association, 2011/2012
• Board Member, Panhandle Family Law Association, 2010/2011
• Member, Panhandle Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2009/2010
• Attorney Ad Litem of the Year, Court Appointed Special Advocates, 2011
• University of Texas at Arlington (B.A. in Journalism, 1997)
• Texas Tech University School of Law (J.D. 2001)
• “Defending an AG Case”, presented at the University of Texas School of Law Continuing
Legal Education conference, 2009 and published in Sampson & Tindall’s Texas Family
Code Annotated, 2009.